Saturday, December 17, 2011

Still Here waiting

Why?
by Abiageal Mercer

I watch him reach across the table, Graceful and playfully he jabs my ribs
in an effort to produce the shrieking giggle that I so much wish he wanted to hear.
He has my heart on a string, in his picket. Occasionally, he'll pull it out, and we'll have a game of cat's cradle. I wish he would just care for it, see it's beauty. He says he doesn't love me, but his actions prove...confusing.

Flirting is his game and I play my role, desperately trying to earn his attention, trying so hard to shift his focus from her to me. My only desire is to earn his love. I am so confused. Why does he get the choice? He's the only one I see, the only one for me.

So deeply in love unable to get out. I've tried so hard to remove the grip he has on me. If only he could see it. He's my best friend but I want more. A kiss, maybe, a glimmer of hope that he wants me too.

It seems though that is too much to ask. I can't see past him, he sees everyone but me. Its not fair for him to search the world for this one true love when she's right next to him. Look to your left and open your eyes. I'm not going anywhere.

Just one boy that's all I ask. Send one my way who loves me. Just one to see my beauty, beyond the mask, send one to me. The one I love chases the princess, the unnatural beauty. Understand sire that you already have what you are looking for...See the one made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment